It’s true that bacon is not the healthiest of foods. However, according to professionals, it can be included into a balanced healthy diet. The trick here is not to overindulge, which is the same for all processed meats.
Therefore, keep your favorite bacon cooker close and take it a step further using the delicious meat product in some health-friendly recipes.
Breakfast: Eggs With Bacon and Potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 1 large tomato (cut in medium pieces)
- 4 rashers of bacon (chopped)
- Spices and herbs to taste
- Heat up a pan with a bit of butter.
- Fry bacon and tomatoes until the juice from tomatoes evaporates.
- Break in the eggs and season with salt, pepper, and spices.
- Cover the pan and cook at low heat until the eggs are done.
Tip: season with fresh chopped dill before serving to enhance the flavor and aroma of your dish.
Lunch: Pea & Bacon Chowder
- 650g frozen peas
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook onion in a pot with oil until it becomes soft and turns golden. Then, add garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add ¾ of green peas and pour in all the stock. Bring the pot to a boil. Then, keep at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your bacon in a cooker until crisp.
- Let the soup cool for a bit. Then, use a blender to process until smooth.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the pan and add the rest of the peas. Finally, bring to a boil again and simmer for 2-5 more minutes. Season to taste.
Serve the soup with crispy bacon added to every bowl.
Dinner: Eggplant & Bacon Pasta
- 1 large eggplant (cut into small cubes)
- 6 rashers of bacon (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (400g/14oz)
- 300g pasta
- Heat up oil in a large pan and cook eggplant for about 10 minutes (until soft).
- Next, add bacon and fry everything until it cooks.
- Add garlic and chili for about a minute at the end. Then, add tomatoes and cook at a simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook and drain pasta.
- In the end, combine pasta with thickened sauce and serve hot.
Add some grated parmesan on top for a sharper creamy note.